Monday, August 31, 2009

Down to the littlest piece

Several Posts ago, I posted a tutorial for the "Five Fat Quater Scarf".

If you have been kind enough to have been reading my blog for a while, you would know that I can't throw away left over fabrics. Even the tiny pieces... I feel like there is some use for them and I have a hard time saying good-bye. With the Five Fat Quater Scarf, you will pretty much use the whole thing, but still, I had some left overs. Then, I came across this T-shirt in Rachel's closet. The colors clicked.


I ironed the interfacing on the left over fabric and cutout circles. (no patterns nessesary, I just used tiny cups from my kitchen.), then, I appliqued them onto the T-shirt.

I thought the circles gave the T-shirt a modern look and was happy with the result.

Well, I still had some leftovers (at this point, you are probably rolling your eyes), so I came up with this to go with the shirt.


There, I used up all the fabric from that project and it feels nice!

On my next post I want to show you some of the awesome thrift store finds and what I have done with them. Well everyone, have a fabulous week!

12 comments :

  1. You are SO funny! It's good not to waste anything. Can't wait to see what you found at the thrift store. I'm going to have to go shopping with you more often! I never find anything good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great,its lovely to be that creative, well done.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes can totally relate to not being able to throw out the tinest piece. Great ideas on how to use them up though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I love what you did

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you- it would KILL me to waste even a scrap of that pretty fabric! Speaking of killing me, that barrette is too, darn, cute!! Tutorial??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty shirt! I've been embellishing Weezy's onsies all week; I am so going to add fun -fabric circles to my list... and the hair bow is the best finishing touch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so cute! Love what you did with the scrap fabrics~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great use of all of the material,your daughter looks lovely in her new outfit. Love the cahir you did up a few posts back. No wonder you gave yourself a high five. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I have six t-shirt sitting on my sewing table. We were going to use bleach to make designs but the bleached shirt my sil made in July already have holes. This is a perfect alternative. I have tons of scraps! You are just so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I keep leftover fabric too; what a great solution.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin