Monday, August 10, 2009

Fourteen Years and Counting --Recap--

The last weekend my sweet husband took me on an anniversary get away. Needless to say I had a wonderful time!! He reserved a nice hotel in downtown for two nights. The first night we ate at my favorite restaurant, "Takashi".



I was so happy and couldn't stop smiling...



While we were waiting for our sushi, I looked outside. I love old buildings with architectural details. The sky, the building and the tree made such a pretty sight.



Then, our food came...



Oh, they were so good! The rest of the weekend, we went to see a movie, did some shopping and talked to each other A LOT without interruptions! It was so fun and relaxing. Eventhough I missed the children, I had hard time leaving the hotel.

There is a one thing that I didn't like about the "nice hotel" though... we thought that it will be nice to order breakfast in bed, so we looked at the menu. One bowl of cereal cost SEVEN DOLLARS!! Wow! I quickly got up and got myself ready to go out to get something to eat. The week before, I went grocery shopping with my friend and bought 10 boxes of cereal; with a special deal and coupons, I only paid 88cents a box. (usually, one box of cereal will have 10-14 servings). I don't think I could digest the 7 dollar bowl of cereal very well. Who knows, if I become a famous blogger someday, I might consider it... Nah!

I am so grateful for my in-laws for taking care of the children this weekend. I am such a lucky girl to have a husband like mine, who loves me enough to take the time to do this. I don't think I will complain if we do this next year too! (hint, hint honey :) )

6 comments :

  1. Sounds like a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice time. I bet you would have enjoyed the cereal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear that you guys had such a wonderful time.
    The food look so good!

    $7 for cereal! :O I once went to a restaurant and had to pay $7 for a bottle of water. I should have known better when they asked would you like tap water or bottled water. I actually ended up getting two and paid $14 for water! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm looks delicious I love sushi.
    Looks like you had a well earned break.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! wow 14 years! oh and i love your brutus and olive oil! too cute.
    hey you got blogher WHOOT!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great anniversary and my you have many more!

    That food looks so yummy! I love Sashimi.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin