Monday, August 24, 2009

Restyled New Dress

I went through Rachel's closet and did some inventory for the fall. I do this before every season so I will know what still works from last year and what I need to buy for this year.



I came to find out that this particular top, my I mean Rachel's favorite top is too short for her! The thing is, there is enough width, the sleeves are long enough but it is too short in the torso. There are no stains; it is in perfect condition- I wanted to do something, so she could still wear it for this fall.
Then, I came up with this;




First,I went to my beloved fabric stash and picked out three fabrics. Basically, I made a tiered skirt and attached it to the top! The weight of the skirts actually stretched the top a little, but I love the results. Rachel was excited to see the restyled new dress and started wearing it right way.

If you have a top that is too short on your little girl, showing too much tummy or back, this might be a fun solution.

19 comments :

  1. You are a clever bunny,it looks great. Isnt it much more rewarding doing that kind of thing than going and buying it new. Well done.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! MIght have to try that with my girls. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable on her! She feels like she has a whole new piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! She looks too cute in her boots and dress. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I wish I had half as much talent as you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! It looks so sweet on your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, LOVE THIS! I want to do this! I think I could do this!!! I love it!!!
    I miss ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest! you are so very talented. Any word on those felt food patterns? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Cute! I love the colors together...Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You truly are the coolest person I know!!! That Rachel is a lucky girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is adorable! Good idea for me to store away in the craft folder of my brain for when my daughter grows up a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this? I would buy that in a store for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh rachel is so cute and i can't beilieve how old she's getting!
    love her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and beautiful dress for her!! She looks pretty in this. I got new style dress from Nordstrom for my 3 year old daughter..

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great creative idea. That is the cutest little dress ever. I love the pink color and those floral prints on the bottom are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin