Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Miniature Rooms Reveal and Little Thoughts to Share

A while ago, I shared my miniature sewing room with you. You might wonder if my obsession with tiny things has stopped after the sewing room was put together??? The answer is "NO". I have been working on some Christmas rooms lately.

I hosted a potluck/recipe exchange Christmas party last week. As a host, I really wanted everyone to have a good time and enjoy themselves. With good food and company, we played some games and visited with each other and it was so much fun! I was so happy to see a room full of ladies (17 of us! We missed some of them who couldn't make it) just chatting and laughing away.

One of the games we played was a game I found at Happy Home Fairy. It seemed very simple to prepare, and the people in the picture she posted looked like they were having so much fun, I decided to give it a try.

As prizes for this game, an idea popped in my head... miniature christmas rooms!

Are you ready for a closer look?

This one is very close to my color scheme. Lots of white and a hint of blue. I love the fluffy "giant pillow" by the fire place and the cake stand I created with buttons and beads.

Next one has true Christmas colors: Red, Green and white. I love the star in the background by My Minds Eye. Don't you think it adds a vintage feel to the whole room?


The last one is a tiny suite case. I painted the outside with light gray and metallic berry with the words "Joyeux Noel". When you open it up...

There is a fun little tricycle accompanied by a tiny Christmas tree and snow balls inside. Isn't is so fun?


When the party came to an end and people start leaving one by one, I had mixed feelings inside. A sense of relief for the success of the party mixed with a bit of sadness for the fun time coming to an end.

We all are always busy. On top of our own and family members' schedules, and other obligations to meet. Places to go, things to do... I feel like it never ends! After the party I sat in the empty room feeling so grateful for the people for taking the time to come to the party. Above all I was feeling so grateful for my family who puts up with me and my crazy ideas all the time. The big Christmas party is over, but the party I have with my family continues on. I need to remind myself to pay close attention to details and care for them like I did for the Christmas party.

Who are the important people in your life? How are you going to show them that you love them?

Those are the questions echoing in my mind lately.

Let me say thank you to you all, my beloved readers. I hope you are having a great Christmas season filled with love and joy.

LOVE

Sachiko

6 comments :

  1. I just love everything you do and your lovely sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love receiving emails of your latest blog posts. While I am pretty crafty and like to sew (I've been sewing since I was 8!), I find I run out of time every day to do all the things I have to so don't get to do the things I want to. But I continue to be inspired by the fine, even exquisite, creations that you dream up. I hope you have a lovely holiday season with your family, and also get to do something for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute miniature rooms! looks fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those miniature rooms are too cute!
    hope you have a wonderful holiday season too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved miniatures as a child and still do! Your creations re-awaken that joy in me so I understand the joy you have in creating them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin