Friday, December 18, 2015

Miniature Quilt Shop Reveal!

While I was working on the miniature Christmas rooms I was also working on a miniature quilt shop. I was thinking about what I could use, how I could arrange things, as I was creating this; it took a little bit longer than I wanted it to... well, I finally finished it!

Just like I did with my miniature sewing room, I am going to share the details of the quilt shop in a few separate posts. Let me talk about the left side of the room...

I couldn't find a perfect table for the cutting station, so I used a wooden box from Michael's. I took the bottom panel off and painted it. In the glass dorm, there are rolled fabrics, I used a large button as the bottom, instead of the metal plate that came with it.

The very last thing I made for the shop was this quilt for the wall. It is 4"x 4", and I am quite in love with it. I like the block so much that I might have to make a real person sized quilt with this block.

I felt like the quilt would set tone for the shop; I had a really hard time deciding the quilt design. Seeing the finished quilt on the wall with the other things makes me giddy.

The sewing machine was originally black, but I painted it white and added a little custom touch with flowers and vines...

The cutting mat is made out of card stock, I just drew some lines. The ruler... it was a piece of clear plastic from some food packaging. I cut a small piece and used a yellow sharpie to drew some lines. Doesn't it look like a real ruler?

As I was putting together this shop, thoughts kept coming to my mind... whoever manufactures the miniature accessories needs to produce quilting gadgets! It would be fun to design many miniature accessories for a modern updated style.

I will be back with more posts about other parts of the room next time, stay tuned! :)


6 comments :

  1. Your little shop is just adorable---so much thought in those tiny details. :) Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Sachiko. Love your miniature shop! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable, one of my new years resolution this coming new year is to decorate my work room I think this miniature quilt shop would be a perfect addition.

    Buy Fabric Online

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tiny room is darling and you have great talent for creating small items like these! Impressive! I love the quilting related details in your seeing room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    I lov This!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin