Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Colorful Patchwork Bags and Baskets Blog Hop & Crafsy Class Review

Hello! I am participating in Colorful Patchwork Bags and Baskets blog hop today! Caroline of Sew Can She and Co-author of Just for You has a new Craftsy class and I got to review it and make a fun tote bag. Let me tell you my experience first and at the end of the post, I have a special surprise for my readers (grin).

I had a couple pre-cut bundles from Cotton + Steel and have been dying to make something with them. When I started watching her class, I knew this would be perfect project for the pre-cut bundles. Rachel needed a new church bag; not just for scriptures, but for a note pad, pens, church magazines and such. Well, the usual stuff that I always end up carrying for her in my bag. Those baskets are cute, but I chose to make a bag this time.
Since I am not doing a tutorial, I get to share the finished bag right away! I love how it turned out.

Here is the other side...

I love how it showcases the prints on the pre-cuts.

I changed things up a little bit and used leftover squares to create the inner pocket. I also decided to do pockets on both sides of the bag and sewed down the middle, I have four pockets outside. Isn't that fun and nice to organize things?

What I love about Caroline's class is, it is very easy to follow! This is coming from someone who is not very good at following instructions to begin with, and English is my second language. She explains things very clearly and covers details very well. I loved how she uses Gridded Interfacing to do the patchwork too! This will make it easier for someone who has never done patchwork and may be a bit intimidated by it.


Rachel LOVED her new bag and that made me so happy. :) Whether you are making the bag for yourself, your daughter, grand daughter, mom or a friend, this is a such a fun bag to make. Here is the special link to receive 50% off for her class.

Check out all the other blog hop participants for more fun projects!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin